Thursday, January 21, 2010

life in the last week

So first of I was not to happy about my BG's. I know that usually I am so anal about it but this week has been rodiclous!! The week started out with a nice pretty black line of great bg"s I mean like right around thee 100's but that my friend was slow to last. I went from lows at night in the 30's and highs up to 400 during the day. now before you say that comes with T 1 Diabetes let me tell you it should never get that high if you are taking cae of yourselfs now don't get me wrong when you are sick this happens but I am not sick and have no underlying cause for the highs. Now I am so blessed that I have a great insurance who neither denied my pump ( the coolest pink one from mini med with skins to go with it.) nor my sensors. I have never had major problems or complications associated with the diabetes thank goodness but I have the most great team of doctors and not to mention mini meds great 24 hr service. But this week has throwin me for a loop and every my doc so we have spend the better part of the week trying to figure out the underlying cause. nothing yet but I will get back to if changes happens. As for life I had the blessed chance to see my family and go hiking and runnig with my sis (God knows she needs the rest she has a 16 month old at home) great news is I just found out my insurance will pay for the strips for my mini med meter so I was excited till I caught the dog carrying my  used might I add test strip and when he put it down cat would swat it around like a toy! I have it on video so I can post it latter. biggest leason I learned today while being bored I came a cross saying that diabetes is not a death sentence but instead life is we are all closer to death (thank you diabetesrockstar.com) As long as we take care of our self and move on through the day we will do fine with minor complications unless you are special.anyways with in the last 4 days BG's have been way off the chart like highest was to hi for my meter to real all it said was HI which I though was funny thinking ohh so my meter has a sense of humor! ha ha ha! then lowest was 29. why this is happening I have no clue but sent my carelink reports to my doc for him to see trends and spikes and lows ( for those of you who are not familar with care link it is a soft wear made to download pump readings and bolus's so he can make the right changes it is for care this sofewear is made but mini med and only compadable with care link soft wear whis is almost wait i mean better then meters not a replacement but a better tool. I emailed it to him since I am out of town ( which BTW packing requires more diabetes supplies and in case stuff then clothes I am most postive) ( I checked weight )and don't let me even get started with airport patrol. they are relentless. so doc and I are working on basals and corrections to get better control. Then I learned first hand whem Iprick my finger it can sqirk across my room. lol. As EMS goes all is normal the granny totes and MVA's and cardiac attacks nothinign thee really to mention.
Good bye

No comments:

Post a Comment