Monday, January 11, 2010

Gotta love the care link for my CGM

So I moved to NY in oct. of this yr and now will be heading back to NC again in A month or two and so I knew this and keep my oh so great doctor in NC for my healthcare since I have yet to find a doc around here who knows how to deal with a type 1 diabetic on an insulin pump. My doctor is wonderful and anyone will tell you when you find a great doctor who knows this disease and how to deal with a pump you have to keep them. so me being far away stinks and so right now we deal with it by me sending monthly reports via Email from uploading them from my pump so we decide how to adjust my Basal rates and bolus's. Also an time I need a script like insulin or EMLA cream he calls them in and if for any reason I have to be hospitalized he talks to the doctors to explains my medical history and what not so they know how to treat me properly heck the doc dx'ed my appendicitis over the phone based off of symptoms before I ever got the cat scan. Now that is cool or at least to me. So lately I have been dealing with lows during the day and highs at night so we have talked daily over the phone to get this under control. then work is so hectic lately with MVA's and traumas and cardiac issues so that is really adding to the stress. And when I am off I am spending the whole day with a two yr old and she is really hitting those terrible two's and also not eating enough. beyond that school is really getting busy and so yeah a busy life right now until I move then back to my normal everyday life. so sorry for the rant but it is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment