Wednesday, December 9, 2009

starting of my blog

A little about me....... I'm carey but you can call me sunshine ( thats what everyone calls me ) I live in NY with my husband of almost 2 yrs. I am a paramedic and I also have type 1 diabetes. Diabetes does not describe me but it does describe how strong I am having lived with this disease for so long. no it is not horrible but it is a huge part of my life. My whole day schedule and whatnot revolves around a number on a glucose meter.I wear an insulin pump the minimed 722 with a CGMS. I love my pump it is pink and it helpped change my health for the better.  I love working towards finding a cure rather it be charity walks or writing the goverment or educating others on the disease I will do it. In my house you find my dog walking around with a used test strip or old infusion set. You will see snow and lots of movies and music. As a medic I love my job. It makes me feel good to help others when they need it. I am going back to college to work on my nursing and then on to practicioner. I am prob. the most clumsy person on earth I have a talent of falling up the stairs or ripping an infusion site out because it gets stucks on door handles. I love the fast pased life and love learning more about medical aspects of my job not to mention the rush you get from working a call plus I love the scirens. so heres the start of a blog that will keep me sane or so I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment